Family

Girl dies after severe allergic reaction to takeaway food

by
Undated handout photo issued by Lancashire Police of 15-year-old Megan Lee, who died on New Year's Day after suffering an allergic reaction to a takeaway. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Issue date: Friday January 6, 2017. See PA story DEATH Takeaway. Photo credit should read: Family handout/PA Wire NOTE TO EDITORS: This handout photo may only be used in for editorial reporting purposes for the contemporaneous illustration of events, things or the people in the image or facts mentioned in the caption. Reuse of the picture may require further permission from the copyright holder.

Undated handout photo issued by Lancashire Police of 15-year-old Megan Lee, who died on New Year’s Day after suffering an allergic reaction to a takeaway. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Issue date: Friday January 6, 2017. See PA story DEATH Takeaway. Photo credit should read: Family handout/PA Wire
NOTE TO EDITORS: This handout photo may only be used in for editorial reporting purposes for the contemporaneous illustration of events, things or the people in the image or facts mentioned in the caption. Reuse of the picture may require further permission from the copyright holder.

A 15-year-old girl has died after she suffered a severe allergic reaction to a takeaway meal.
Megan Lee, from Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, was taken to hospital on 30 December after eating food from a takeaway in the Hyndburn district near Blackburn.
She died two days later and her parents, Adam and Gemma Lee, have described her as an “inspiration” and a “princess”.
In a statement, they said: “Our hearts are shattered at the sudden loss of our beautiful daughter.
“Megan loved school and thoroughly enjoyed drama and musical theatre. She immediately touched the hearts of everyone she ever met.
“Megan was the kindest, most loving daughter and sister, who always wore the most beautiful and infectious smile.”
Lancashire police have launched an investigation into her death.
A spokesman said: “We are investigating the sudden death of a 15-year-old girl from Oswaldtwistle who passed away at Royal Blackburn Hospital after suffering a severe allergic reaction.
“A post-mortem examination to establish the cause of her death has taken place, however the full results will not be known for some time.”
It is unclear what type of food Megan had eaten.
Under rules brought in in December 2014, it is a legal requirement for food businesses to provide information about items that contain any of the 14 main allergenic ingredients – including cereals containing gluten, crustaceans, peanuts and milk.

Do you have a story or an article for Viro Shares?
Email us at ireport@viroshares.com

You can also like our facebook page

Check us out on Facebook!

Share this Post:
Girl dies after severe allergic reaction to takeaway food Reviewed by on .

A 15-year-old girl has died after she suffered a severe allergic reaction to a takeaway meal. Megan Lee, from Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, was taken to hospital on 30 December after eating food from a takeaway in the Hyndburn district near Blackburn. She died two days later and her parents, Adam and Gemma Lee, have described her

LEAVE A REPLY

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked ( required )